Friday, Apr 19, 2024

DSP to host networking events catered to all students

A group of brothers of Mercer University's chapter of Delta Sigma Pi. Photo provided by Delta Sigma Pi.

Mercer University’s chapter of Delta Sigma Pi (DSP) will host Business Week, a five-day event to provide faculty and students with professional and career development, knowledge and tips.

“Business Week is an opportunity for DSP and the brothers within DSP to just showcase the way business affects the world,” said Donald Williams, president of Mercer’s chapter.

DSP is a co-ed business fraternity with 298 established chapters. Mercer’s chapter has been hosting Business Week annually for five years.

The week will consist of six different events including a business attire fashion show, a mocktail networking event and an interviewing workshop.

Williams said all students are welcome.

“Whether you are a science major, engineering major, no matter,” Williams said. “You are open to come see Business Week and just be a part of the things that we have to offer.”

Business Week Chair Eliza Miller said this week is all about helping students build for their future.

“We want everyone to make allies in the Macon community,” Miller said. “It is important to know how to network and foster relationships for future careers and we hope that Business Week provides students with the skills and ability to do so.”

Business Week will be held March 18-22.