10 Most Romantic Restaurants in Macon for Valentine’s Day

A+Valentine%27s+Day+dinner+for+two.+
A Valentine's Day dinner for two.

A Valentine's Day dinner for two.

Pixabay

Pixabay

A Valentine's Day dinner for two.

Lindsey Farni, Contributing Writer

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it can be very stressful trying to make the perfect reservation. There are so many options, and it can be overwhelming trying to narrow down which restaurants have the best reviews and the most reasonable prices. So to make your Valentine’s Day planning less stressful, here’s a list of the most romantic restaurants Macon has to offer, from least to most expensive.

1. The Rookery

Located on Cherry Street and boasting a lively indoor dining area and bustling outside patio, The Rookery is a great place to go if you’re looking for an inexpensive, charming Valentine’s date. Looking for more a private table? Ask the servers for a table upstairs or even in the booths to the side. The Rookery entrée plates are under $20, with a 4.6 rating on Google reviews.

2. The Brick

Under the College Hill Lofts, The Brick offers a quiet venue for that perfect low-cost charming date night. With plates under $24 and a 4.4 rating, The Brick can make the perfect quick stop for great Valentine’s Day food. They specialize in pizza, wings, pasta and sandwiches.

3. Parish on Cherry Street

Want to add a little spice to your night? For under $20 and a rating of 4.3, Parish marries Cajun soul food with the perfect dinner venue. And to complete the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner, you can finish the night off right with chocolate beignets!

1. La Parilla

In the mood for some great Mexican food? La Parilla’s lively and friendly atmosphere makes it a great dining option for those who want to add a little fiesta to their Valentine’s Day night. With entrée dishes under $20 and an overall rating of 4.5, La Parilla will be sure to please both your wallet and your date.

1. Downtown Grill   

Described by customers on Google reviews as “cozy and romantic,” Downtown Grill has the perfect food for a Valentine’s Day evening. Specializing in prime cut Black Angus steaks, fresh pasta dishes, fish fillets and decadent desserts, Downtown Grill will make your evening meal just a little more special. Entrée dishes are under $30, with an overall rating of 4.4.

1. Back Burner

Located off Ingleside Avenue, the Back Burner offers an array of fresh seafood as well as delicious tender steaks for under $30. Want to sit outside and enjoy the night? The Back Burner also offers great outdoor seating and a charming enclosed patio area. With an overall rating of 4.4, the Back Burner will not disappoint.

1. Tic Toc Room

The Tic Toc Room is an upscale premier steakhouse located downtown. With great respect for its music legends, Little Richard and James Brown, The Tic Toc Room offers fine dining for under $34. The stylish indoor décor will surely provide the perfect setting for your dinner. With a 4.2 rating, you and your date will be in for a treat.

1. Natalia’s

If you’re looking for a gorgeous dining setting and exquisite food, Natalia’s has it all. With wonderful Italian food under $30, Natalia’s scenery will make the perfect Valentine’s date night. The soft, low lighting and beautifully furnished tables make Natalia’s stand out from other fine dining restaurants. With an overall rating of 4.6, Natalia’s Italian inspired back patio will certainly wow your date.

2. Dovetail

Although one of the priciest places in Macon with dishes under $33, Dovetail has the highest rating of 4.7. They serve Southern-inspired, locally crafted food in a low lit, quiet atmosphere. Dovetail is located downtown above The Rookery. Known as one of Macon’s most critically-acclaimed restaurants, Dovetail’s sophisticated dining experience will surely impress your date.

3. Marco Ristorante Italiano

Described as “the premium choice for true Italian fine dining” on their website, Marco’s elegant dining venue coupled with its authentic Italian food and fine wines makes it the perfect spot for a romantic Valentine’s Day date. With dishes under $40 and a rating of 4.2, Marco’s is the perfect addition to a lovely evening out with your significant other. To add the finishing touch, Marco’s serves all its delicious entrees on beautiful hand-painted dishes.