Bearstock 2017 to be a two-part event

Bearstock 2017 will be a two-part event featuring both daytime and night-time concerts in different locations.

Quadworks released a video and letter addressed to the Mercer community on Feb. 20 with the announcement that Bearstock 2017 will give students a different experience than the Bearstock events of the past.

“We have decided to make some changes for a better and safer Bearstock experience,” said Nate Flowers, president of Quadworks, in the video.

[video credit="Quadworks at Mercer" align="right"][/video]

The changes Quadworks made to Bearstock, scheduled for April 8, makes it a two-part event.

The first part will be located in Tattnall Square Park, where Bearstock was traditionally held. It will feature local and regional artists from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. It will be a free event that is open to the Mercer community and the public.

The second part has been named Bearstock: After Dark. Bearstock: After Dark will be held in Hawkins Arena in the University Center, with the doors opening at 7 p.m. It will feature the national touring artists that Quadworks has lined up for the event starting at 8 p.m.

Bearstock: After Dark will be a free event to all Mercer students. Flowers said in the video and letter that each student will be allowed to bring two outside guests to the event for $5 a ticket.

Flowers also encouraged students to look out for the announcement that will be made March 3 regarding the national touring artists that will be featured at Bearstock: After Dark.

“We’re so excited about Bearstock this year and we hope to see you on April 8 for Bearstock 2017,” Flowers said.