Friday, Apr 19, 2024

Student reports being robbed at gunpoint at Garden Apartments

A Mercer student earlier this month was reportedly robbed at gunpoint at the Garden Apartments.

According to crime reports obtained through Mercer Police, a student who was parked at the Garden Apartments on Nov. 12 was allegedly robbed at gunpoint by a black male as they were in the process of walking from their vehicle into the building.

No details, such as what was taken from the victim or whether an arrest has been made, are yet available, according to Mercer Director of Media Relations Kyle Sears, who said the investigation is ongoing.

A female student on Nov. 14 made a sexual battery report with Mercer Police regarding a February incident at Mercer, in which she claims she was sexually battered by her significant other while intoxicated and unable to consent.

Between Oct. 31 and Nov. 17, five vehicle break-ins, three thefts by taking and two burglaries were also reported. An automobile theft was also reported on Nov. 14 at the Winship Street parking lot, but the vehicle has since been recovered, Sears said.  

The identities of all affected students were redacted by officials from the police reports.

Anyone with information related to any of the crimes mentioned above is asked to contact the Mercer Police Department at 478-301-4357.