Atlanta+Pride+is+the+largest+pride+festival+in+the+Southeast.+

Mercer’s Common Ground attends the Atlanta Pride Festival to celebrate love

Atlanta Pride is the largest pride festival in the Southeast.

Jayla Moody

Jayla Moody

Jayla Moody

October 16, 2016

Mercer’s LGBT-Straight alliance student organization Common Ground attended the 46th annual Atlanta Pride Festival to celebrate love with others in attendance.

Cultural exhibits, comedy showcases, dance parties and other events were held throughout the city. The festival was Saturday, Oct. 8, and the parade was on Sunday afternoon.

There were tents set up all over the park by over 200 vendors and people just coming to enjoy themselves.

Neighborhood businesses and homes were decorated with rainbow flags to celebrate pride.

Different personalities could be found in attire, signs and posters and dancing.

People sported stickers that identified their declared or undeclared sexual orientation or whether or not they’re an ally.

The Atlanta Pride Festival is usually held every October, which is National LGBT History Month. National Coming Out Day also falls in October.