Q: What are the necessities to take on spring break?
A: Spring break is right around the corner and no matter your destination, there are a few simple beauty items you must pack:.
1. Sunscreen! This is a must. No matter if you’re going to the beach or the mountains, your skin needs protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
2. Vaseline, one of my favorite products, helps sooth windburn, sunburn, cracked heels and chapped lips and can be used to add a dewy look to skin. There is nothing better than a product that is super affordable and has multiple uses.
3. A light scarf, layered over a simple T-shirt or tied in your hair, can take any look up a notch.
4. A bright cream blush like Urban Decay Afterglow Glide-on Cheek Tint. Applied with a light touch, the cream will give your cheeks a healthy glow and the product can double as a pretty lip balm.
5. Good moisturizer for face and body will keep skin soft and subtle, just in case you have a little spring break fling.
Kayleigh Irby is a senior at Mercer. She attended Central Georgia Technical College and obtained her esthetics license in 2008. Since then she has worked for Ulta Cosmetics and is currently a Mark Representative. Irby is a journalism major and believes beauty starts with a smile and ends wherever the lip gloss takes you.
Have a question for Kayleigh? E-mail your question to [email protected]