Filed under Lifestyle

5 Apps You Need in College

Graphic+designed+by+Fuller+Tice.+

5 Apps You Need in College

Graphic designed by Fuller Tice.

Graphic designed by Fuller Tice.

Graphic designed by Fuller Tice.

Graphic designed by Fuller Tice.

College is a stressful and overwhelming time. It can be hard to keep up with your day to day activities and stay motivated to keep working throughout the semester. However, your phone is constantly by your side to help make college life a little bit easier. Here are five apps you need in college.

1. Calendar App

This may seem like a no-brainer but having a good and useful calendar app is the key to college success. It is an easy way to not only get the hang of your schedule at the beginning of the semester, but also help you keep up with all of your events and various dates. Most phones come with a calendar built in! You may want to sync it with your email so that even if you switch phones, you never miss a date. You will never be late or forget an important meeting with a reliable calendar app.

2. Meditation App

Self-care is important at any stage in college. You must keep your mind sharp and ready if you are going to stay motivated. A meditation app can lead you through exercises and offer inspirational messages to improve your mental health. Helpful apps such as Oak and Calm are great meditation apps that will aid you in finding your zen. In Oak, you can even earn badges the more you use the app and the longer you have meditation sessions. Also, there are plenty of adult coloring apps such as Pixel Art and Colorfy that will keep you relaxed.

3. Habit apps

Maintaining a routine in college can be difficult. At some point, everyone falls off the wagon of what they should be doing to keep themselves healthy. To help achieve better habits and improve your lifestyle, Habitica is a great app to try. Habitica is a task manager that is made to give the user the same feeling of playing a role-playing game. Each task you fulfill in Habitica gives you experience points and helps you buy armor, pets and more. You can even join in with your friends to form a guild and keep each other accountable.

Another habit tracking app is Forest. This app is made to stop procrastination by cutting off all your phone notifications for a set amount of time. The longer you go without your phone, the bigger your tree grows, the larger the forest. These apps will keep you present and on task!

5. Study Apps

As a college student, you are constantly on the go, and as such you will need an app to help you study. Make sure you have apps like Quizlet, Duolingo, HelloTalks, Chegg and others to help you keep up with your rigorous course load. You are doing your best to make it through college, and a little well-placed tech will get you to the next level.

6. Microsoft and Google Apps

The Microsoft and Google apps are two products that college students use all the time. It will make your life so much easier if you don’t have to take the time to get out your laptop every time you need to check your Google Drive or look at a Powerpoint before your presentation. Having these products in your life will give you a walking office and help you breeze through locating all your files.

College life can be hard, and sometimes we need a little help to make it the best experience possible. These apps will help you breeze through college and elevate your workflow.