Filed under Uncategorized

Indie-folk duo Penny and Sparrow is coming to Macon

Penny and Sparrow is premiering at the Capitol Theatre in downtown Macon on November 14, 2018. Photo by Jamie Benson.

Indie-folk duo Penny And Sparrow will be in Macon for a show at the Hargray Capitol Theater on Nov. 14th at 8 p.m. The duo is currently on tour in support of their latest album release, 2017’s “Wendigo.”

According to their website, Penny And Sparrow started in a college dorm at Texas University where the two members, Andy Baxter and Kyle Jahnke, were studying at the time. Starting out by creating simple accompaniments and recording with their laptop back in 2011, the two have now found themselves on tour across the country, with hundreds of shows under their belts.

One can hear resemblances to groups like Bon Iver and Simon and Garfunkel in their music, and it has certainly paid off. The two have released five full-length albums and numerous other EPs and singles.

According to the Capitol Theater website, “with a musical maturity that has been honed over half a decade and hundreds of live shows, Kyle Jahnke and Andy Baxter are presenting their most sonically diverse & ambitious album yet.”

The group would also like to offer Mercer students a discount for the show. If you enter the code “pennyandsparrow” when ordering online, you can save $10.

Be sure to go out and see Penny and Sparrow perform live in downtown Macon at the Capitol theater. It’s sure to be a great show.