Museum of Aviation to host musical performance

The Museum of Aviation will be hosting the production, “The Wright Brothers: Those Daring Young Men & Their Flying Machine” this Friday. Photo by Yusuf Tas.

The Museum of Aviation is located in Warner Robins, Ga, and is near Robins Air Force Base. The museum itself offers many programs for the public, including several tours, exhibits and workshops for all ages.

In order to raise money for the National STEM Academy that is a part of the museum, the museum directors have decided to host Fresh Brewed Production’s rendition of “The Wright Brothers: Those Daring Young Men & Their Flying Machine.” The company is touring from New York on the way to Florida, and decided to stop in Warner Robins for one day only.

This musical will run on Nov. 3, with one showing at 10 a.m. that is more geared towards children, as a children’s STEM program will follow the production.

“Our National STEM Academy educates more than 52,000 students and teachers each year through field trips, outreach programs in schools all over the state, weekend workshops and teacher training,” said Jenny Maas, one of the event’s coordinators.

There will also be another run of the musical in the evening of Nov. 3. This showing will be geared more towards adults, as the show will also include dinner.

“The evening show will be a more adult-themed dinner theatre show with a buffet catered by the Butcher Shop,” Maas said.

“The Wright Brothers: Those Daring Young Men & Their Flying Machine” is the story of Orville and Wilbur Wright and their journey building the Wright Flyer.

“The musical is a wonderful stage depiction of this piece of aviation history that is both entertaining and factually accurate,” Maas said.

For more information about the show, interested parties can look up the Museum of Aviation’s Facebook page or their website. Tickets for the show can also be purchased through the Museum’s website.