Friday, Mar 29, 2024

Who is performing at Bearstock 2018?

6lack performing August 2017. Photo provided by Wikipedia Commons.

Bearstock is here again and the lineup has been announced.  Mercer students and Macon residents can come see The Burnt Bridges, Caleb Brown, Some Kids, Kim Meeks, .95 Waves and Simeon perform in Tattnall Square Park on April 7 from 1-6 p.m.

Here's a preview of some of the entertainment you can catch from this year's day lineup.

Burnt Bridges

Based in Milledgeville, Burnt Bridges is an all-male four-person band who primarily sings rock music.  They are all students at Georgia College and enjoy playing former popular songs.

“A lot of the songs we play were popular when we were in middle/high school,” Roman Henry, the band’s bass guitarist and lead vocalist said. “We like to play songs that everyone knows.”

The band is looking forward to their performance in April.

“We’re very excited to play at Bearstock,” Henry said.  “We’re all college students and our music caters to the college crowd, so we’re ready to have a good time with everyone there.”

Caleb Brown

Caleb Brown is a former Mercer student and current artist.  Unlike the other performers, Brown will be performance painting.  Brown’s paintings will take place between the other musicians’ performances in 10-minute time frames.

Some Kids

Straight out of Warner Robins, Some Kids is a “hard hitting, beard sporting rock band,” according to Spotify.  They released one album in 2017 with some of their most popular songs being “Our Kind,” “Oh the Horror”, “The Line”, “Digital Being” and “What is Mine.”

Kim Meeks

A Macon resident and Library Director of Mercer’s School of Medicine, Kim Meeks is an R&B Soul artist whose songs are available on Spotify and Soundcloud.  She has one album from 2016, and her most popular songs are “Sleeping with the Past,” “Forget Me Not”, “Everybody’s Pretty”, “Sleeping with the Past” and “Inside”.

Meeks shared in a Facebook post that she is very excited to be a part of Bearstock this year.

95.waves

95.waves is a local Macon band who sings many different music genres.

“We do a variety of music, mainly the neo-soul variety, but also ranging from jazz, funk and R&B,” Matthew Ezeh, the band’s trombonist, wrote in a Facebook message.

The band is a huge fan of artists such as Robert Glasper, Hiatus Kaiyote, and Vulfpeck.

“[A song] that people seem to really enjoy is Afro Blue/Nakamarra, a medley of a Glasper song and Hiatus song,” Ezeh wrote in a Facebook message.  “Another song of ours that we perform frequently is ‘Baby I Don’t Know’, which is a Vulpeck song.”

95.waves is a slowly growing band who is really excited to perform at Bearstock 2018.

“We are pretty excited!  We’ve been making waves at plenty of local bars and lounges, so playing Bearstock will be a pretty big step for us,” Ezeh wrote in a Facebook message.

Simeon

Simeon is a 23-year-old, Atlanta-based singer who will be performing solo at Bearstock 2018.  His music style is best described as alternative soul according to his manager, Petal Samuels.

Simeon is looking forward to performing here at Mercer.

“I am always excited to share my music and energy with new people who are open to new experiences,” Simeon said.

According to Samuels, Simeon’s music is available on all platforms, especially Spotify.