Provisions on Demand offers students unparalleled dining experience

It’s no secret that Mercer University is home to some of the greatest gourmet restaurants known to college students, such as delicatessen Which Wich, authentic Asian Bistro Panda Express, and farm-to-table experience Farmer’s Market.

However, for those who want to prepare their own gourmet meals, Mercer has just the thing. Provisions on Demand is an all-in-one shop, with a surplus of ingredients for preparing elegant meals.

Some people like to compare Provisions on Demand, or the POD as laymen say, to a miniature supermarket. Those people are severely understating the beauty and nuances of the POD. It is much more akin to an open-air European marketplace.

There are far too many highlights of this marketplace to count, but here are just a few must-buy items that make the POD so special.

1. Cheese

Now, I’m not talking about the cheese that comes packaged with fruit and nuts, nor am I talking about the string cheese that is available for purchase. Though these products are imported from some of the finest cheese retailers, POD actually makes their own fresh cheese.

This cheese is not always available, as the cheese making-process takes quite some time. To find this cheese one need only search through the milk containers and find one that is at least a few days expired.

Be warned: this special stinky cheese is a bit strong for some to handle, but if you don’t want to travel all the way to France for a real cheese experience, this is as close as it gets.

1. Gravy

How many times have you been sitting in your dorm and thought to yourself, “Wow, I really wish I had some gravy right now”? Well wish no more. The POD carries only the finest quality Heinz brand classic chicken gravy.

The uses for this product are only as limited as your imagination. Personally, my favorite use for this product is using it as a topping for one of the many gourmet microwavable food options, especially the packaged tuna.

1. White Castle Sliders

The POD carries an assortment of locally-produced frozen meals such as Hot Pockets or Totino’s Pizza Rolls, but none of these are nearly as delicious as the organic White Castle Sliders.

White Castle is an artisanal food producer, which only delivers its products to exclusive marketplaces. The sliders themselves are hearty, savory and heart-stoppingly amazing.

The sliders come in packs of two, but I highly recommend buying at least a dozen. You can’t eat just one.

As if it weren’t enough to have just one of these magical little markets on Mercer Campus, POD not only has their main shopping center in the Connell Student Center, but also a more condensed version in the University Center.

Provisions on Demand might be the one place where you can buy tampons and popcorn without going to a different aisle. What a true gastronomical and psychologically enhancing experience.

Note: This is a satirical piece produced by the Cluster team in honor of April Fool’s day. Thanks for reading.