Thursday, Mar 28, 2024

Man arrested after caught eyeing vehicles in Auxiliary Services parking lot

A man was taken into custody after he was reported to Mercer Police for looking into vehicles parked in the Auxiliary Services parking lot on campus.

A Macon man recently was taken into custody for violating probation after being reported to Mercer Police for looking into vehicles parked in the Auxiliary Services parking lot on campus.

Damacio Quintaly Collins, 40, was taken into custody on Aug. 30 after Cpl. Alvin Bearden spotted Collins and another suspect eyeing the vehicles, according to Mercer Police reports.

The men claimed they were contractors waiting to be let in the gate, the report stated. Warrant checks were made and Collins was found to be wanted. He was subsequently transported to the Mercer Police Department and eventually to the Macon-Bibb County Sheriff’s Office for active violation of probation.

No vehicles were discovered to have been entered into or damaged, according to the report.

In other reports:

A burglary and entering automobile incident was reported at the Physical Plant at 1501 Mercer University Drive on Sept. 2. No other details were made available.

Three vehicle break-ins were reported at various locations on campus between Aug. 28 and Sept. 5, including at the Engineering Parking lot, the north baseball field parking lot and the Plunkett parking area. Nothing was confirmed stolen in any of the instances.

Names of all affected students were redacted from the documents.

Anyone with information related to any of the crimes mentioned above is asked to contact the Mercer Police Department at 478-301-4357.